-Coronation Merchant Bank has been in existence for a period of 22 years.
- In the year 1993, the bank was established by a consortium of reputable financial institutions. It was referred to as Associated Discount House Limited (ADHL).
-Its’ duty was to: give liquidity to cater for; sovereign debts and money markets. This duty was assigned to it by the Central Bank of Nigeria; this is by licensing the Associated Discount House Limited. Therefore, the Associated Discount House Limited was able to prosper when the Nigerian economy was facing many difficulties or challenges.
- In the year 2011, there developed a new leadership that symbolized a new era for the bank. The Bank began showing growth across all its’ systems and converted the industry challenges to opportunities.
- In the year 2013, the transition to becoming a merchant bank started.
- In the year 2015, the bank successfully procured a merchant banking license and an FX dealing license.
The Vision is;
- To be Africa’s premier investment bank.
Their objective is;
- To ensure that Coronation Merchant Bank becomes a respected, well-known and trusted brand within the African financial services industry.
The following are the services available in Coronation Merchant Bank.
-Coronation Merchant Bank is a bank located in Nigeria that caters for;
- It offers product and services in Corporate Banking.
- Assist in wealth management.
- Global Markets
- It provides asset or fund management.
- Security Trading and Trust Services.
- It gives advice on issues regarding financial matters.
- It helps in achieving the clients’ objectives as the Bank financial situation is among the best in the world.
The Banks’ core values.
The following are the principles that the Coronation Merchant Bank deems to be of importance;
- Developing people and leadership
-Developing people is by impacting people with the right tools and experience that aids them to provide solutions. Thus helps in Career development.
-Leadership is done in market leadership where the status quo is challenged.
-This is by developing solutions to very different customers’ problems and taking action to control the problems by: initiating change and improvement measures.
-It assists in building corporate intelligence that increases efficiency that enhances the Banks’ performance. The interest of the team is considered to be above those of individuals.
-This is done successfully through the effort of paying attention to information obtained from the client: assist in the achievement of his/her goals.
-Coronation Merchant Bank shows integrity by being honest and transparent. Also by following the regulations and applicable laws in Nigeria
These principles are used in the day-to-day activities of Coronation Merchant Bank. They simply guide the Bank.
It is a unique symbol which is employed to create an image that is used in the identification of a product and differentiate it from its competitors.
The Coronation Merchant Bank brand is “The Lion”. The Lion is a universally known animal of Africa that is used to illustrate/show: Intelligence, Leadership and Courage.
The brand helps to express the motive/intent of the bank to become a leader in the field.
The best recorded performance of Coronation Merchant Bank is;
- It has successfully been able to make deals as financial advisers and stockbrokers for state government, corporations and other financial organizations.
- This track record has relied on the banks’ history of operating within duration of 22 years since their commencement.